For a while I toyed with the idea writing the whole of Office Politics from Sam Harrison’s point-of-view. But after I’d written a handful of chapters, the burning urge faded, and I realized it had stemmed from a desire to define Sam more clearly in my mind. On the heels of that realization came another: I was not completely satisfied with the way I’d drawn Sam in the first draft.
After writing what I now call The Sam Chapters, I went back over the manuscript and added some subtle detailing to Sam’s character. The result is a multi-dimensional, endearing but flawed man who makes some maybe not-so-wise decisions based on a misguided sense of honor.
Here are The Sam Chapters:
- Can’t Go Wrong with Frannie Freeman
- Love – and Sanity – in the Rearview Mirror
- Going Down on the SS Screwed-Myself-Over
- Why I Stayed & Why I Strayed
- >Untitled (after Hunter’s Landing Tavern scene)